Funded by Montana Beef Producers with Check-Off Dollars
- MT BQA Registration Form
- Sorting Pairs Simplified! To see Video Click Here
- Fillable (Montana) Producer Request to Retain Beef Checkoff Form
- Start your BQA ONLINE Training Today! Beef Quality Assurance is a national program that raises consumer confidence through offering proper management techniques and a commitment to quality within every segment of the beef industry.
- BQA Feedyard Assessment – Booklet designed to help all cattle feeders benchmark their operations in areas such as animal welfare, cattle handling, record keeping, etc. Created with the help of representatives from the major cattle-feeding states.
- BQA Stocker Self Assessment – A companion booklet to the BQA Feedyard Assessment. Designed to help all stockers benchmark their operations in areas such as animal welfare, cattle handling, record keeping, etc. Created with the help of representatives with extensive experience with stocker operations.
- BQA Cow-Calf Assessment – Booklet designed to help all cow-calf producers benchmark their operations in areas such as animal welfare, cattle handling, record keeping, etc.
- National BQA Manual – Formalized training materials which support the efforts of all state BQA coordinators to train their beef producers on the topics of BQA.
- Antibiotic Stewardship for Beef Producers – Responsible antibiotic use is important to ensure that animal health technologies remain viable for the beef industry. It is key that judicious use protocols are developed so that animals are never marketed with residues and that cattlemen responsibly treat sick cattle. FDA approved Drugs Information
- Cattle Industry Guidelines for the Care and Handling of Cattle – Cattlemen have long recognized the need to properly care for the animals under their care. This informative brochure illustrates sound animal husbandry practices to help farmers and ranchers ensure the well being of the cattle under their care.
- Transportation Quality Assurance Program – Program designed to strengthen existing “Master Cattle Transporter” programming to include a certification component developed to service the needs of truckers who transport both cattle and hogs.
- Supplemental Guidelines to the National BQA Manual – Updated in 2014 to supplement the National BQA Manuals for both Beef and Dairy.
- A Beef Producers Guide for Judicious Use of Antimicrobials in Cattle – Guidelines adapted from AVMA, AABP, and AVC Appropriate Veterinary Antibiotic Use Guidelines.
- BQA Advisory Statement on the Use of Pneumatic Dart Guns – This is an advisory statement since there are no BQA guidelines for the administration of injectable drugs/products by the use of pneumatic darts or other similar methods.
Thank you to our partners